Goldcrest Post New York is recruiting for a full-time Runner/Post Production Trainee. The Runner will provide support to Goldcrest’s clients as well as to our creative and operations staff. This junior position will be a great fit for someone passionate and highly motivated as well as already pursuing a craft-based career in picture or sound post production.
This role will be primarily responsible for client hospitality as well as ad-hoc tasks throughout the facility.
• Preparing client food and beverages;
• Performing coffee runs;
• Delivering incoming and outgoing packages;
• Providing cover at Reception (i.e. phone answering, greeting clients on arrival, etc.);
• Maintaining and upkeeping the stock for printers throughout the building;
• Accommodating client services;
• Assisting Building Manager.
In time, training will be provided, as well as opportunities to observe picture and sound finishing work, learn from experienced practitioners, as well as develop these skills on state-of-the-art equipment.
Additional duties/skills and experience required:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of tact;
• High levels of discretion and presentation;
• Self-motivated and ambitious;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Proficient in software such as Google Apps and Microsoft Office. Picture and/or audio post software skills are a plus, but not necessary;
• Be a problem solver and self manage– frequently offer solutions;
• Be a team player;
• Customer service experience is a plus;
• Be available to work additional hours on occasions at short notice – some nights and weekends may be required;
• Basic food prep/handling knowledge;
• Education: A bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in media, design, film, or television;
• Any demonstrated experience in post-production is a major advantage.
Please apply to: email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.